saleyastarr229

If I didn't file my taxes for 2016 and am filling them in 2017 can I clame my child on my taxes if she was born in 2017 with no income for the year she was born?

No, you cannot claim a child who was born in 2017 on a 2016 tax return.  If you had income in 2016 you can file a 2016 tax return, though.  It will have to be printed, signed, and mailed.

Online preparation and e-filing for 2016 is permanently closed.

To file a return for a prior tax year

Only a 2017 return can be prepared online and e-filed. 

If you need to prepare a return for 2014, 2015, or 2016 you can purchase and download desktop software to do it, then print, sign,  and mail the return(s)

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

Remember to prepare your state return as well—if you live in a state that has a state income tax.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS received the return.

To file a return for a prior tax year