If I didn't file my state return last year will it effect my federal tax return this year? I am mailing my state this year!

rayazoubi

To make it more clear last year i filed my federal and state I got my federal return and I filed my state through mail but the mail came back to me and I never re sent it or looked into it. So I am mailing my state again this year but I am wondering if me not getting it last year will effect my federal tax return this year? Are they collaborated or it doesn't matter?
LeeM

No, it will not affect your tax return this year. 

Next year, you will be able to deduct any state taxes paid in 2017 or claim any state refund received in 2017. Just for future reference.