turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nestorepr

If I did my taxes with TurboTax, but chose the “file by mail” option, do I have to mail my taxes myself, or does TurboTax do that for me?

I have been waiting for two weeks for my tax return check to come in the mail. But I don’t know if I have to download my tax return and mail it myself, or if TurboTax does that for me. Please, tax day is tomorrow, and I need help! Thank you!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If I did my taxes with TurboTax, but chose the “file by mail” option, do I have to mail my taxes myself, or does TurboTax do that for me?

You will have to mail the taxes yourself after printing your forms.  When you choose to mail your return, TurboTax does nothing.  In order to print and mail, please follow the instructions in the TurboTax FAQ below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3401713

View solution in original post

4 Replies

You will have to mail the taxes yourself after printing your forms.  When you choose to mail your return, TurboTax does nothing.  In order to print and mail, please follow the instructions in the TurboTax FAQ below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3401713

But I don't have a printer. Can I file my return electronically with the IRS,. and if so, how do I access it to send to the IRS?

But I don't have a printer. Can I file my return electronically with the IRS,. and if so, how do I access it to send to the IRS?

I think the prior answer is wrong.  You can try to efile the current year.  Does your Turbo Tax Account say Ready to Mail or Printed?

You can try to switch to efile  https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/e-file/help/how-do-i-change-from-mail-to-e-file-in-turbotax-online...

Or if you haven't finished yet keep going through the File tab, through the 3 steps all the way to the very end and hit the big orange Transmit Returns Now button.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies