Solved: If he does not have a SSN or an ITIN issued by the...

Hello, I have a problem with my Son's SSN. We come from France and We have L1 and L2 visas. My spouse and I got SSN, not my son. What I have to put for my son's SSN?

If you decide to apply for an ITIN, you can leave him on the taxes.  In order to claim him on your taxes, he has to have an SSN or ITIN.  However, you cannot e-file.  You must paper-file.  The IRS issues ITINs to foreign nationals who do not qualify for SSNs. See steps below how you enter the information in the program.  

• In the program,  leave the SSN space blank
  • After completing the return, print out the forms. Write APPLIED in the son's SSN space.
  • As TurboTax does not support the Form W-7, fill out the forms by following  W-7 and attach other required documentation
  • Submit all forms and documents to the IRS Austin location in Texas.  (see Form W-7 instructions)

If he does not have a SSN or an ITIN issued by the IRS then you cannot enter him as a dependent on your tax return.  Are you going to apply for an ITIN using Form W-7 for your son with the federal tax return?

I am not sure if I need to apply for it or not, am I? if yes so should I delete him from my dependencies?

If you are not applying for an ITIN with your tax return, then you will need to delete him from your tax return as a dependent.
Have you applied for a Social Security number for your son?

No as he has just a L2 visa, he can not have an SSN. So I'll apply for a ITIN for him. Can I do it from TurboTax?

See the answer provided below.  The Form W-7 is available through the IRS website - <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-w-7">https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-w-7</a>
And see this IRS website for ITIN information - <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/individuals/how-do-i-apply-for-an-itin">https://www.irs.gov/individuals/how-do-i...>