mazeiom

If Form 1040 line 1 has a calculation error, how do I fix it?

The calculation error is due to a rounding error when adding up the amounts in box 1 of my Forms W-2. I have no other sources of income that contribute to line 1. (I have read the FAQ “Line 1 on my 1040 doesn't match my W-2”)
On page “Here’s your W-2 info” in TurboTax Online, the total amount for the column “Box 1” is correct. An incorrect amount is listed on line 1 of Form 1040. The same incorrect amount is listed as the dollar amount for “Job (W-2)” in “Your Income” section of the “Wages and income” page on TurboTax Online.
In the “Wages, Salaries & Tips Worksheet” PDF from TurboTax Online, the same incorrect amount is listed on “Forms W-2 & W-2G Summary” worksheet Box No. 1 “Total wages, tips and compensation” with description “Non-statutory & statutory wages not on Sch C”.
Thanks for reading the long post!

Bsch4477

Do you have scholarship income?

mazeiom

Yes, but I cannot claim educational expenses on my return. I did not upload a Form 1098-T to TurboTax Online.

Bsch4477

If  you have scholarship income that amount flows to line 1 of your 1040. When you print your return you will see that amount on line 1 designated as “SCH. 

mazeiom

@Bsch4477 Thanks for the explanation! However, since I didn't enter any scholarship income into TurboTax Online, this advice doesn't apply to me or this issue.