If Code 2G on Line 16 oif Form 1095C shows in 9 of the 12 months for 2016, does that mean I don't have to pay a penalty for those months?

mshydler

JaimeG

Correct, Code 2G provides your an exemption due to your income amount:

Line 16
Code 2G Section 4980H affordability federal poverty line safe harbor

JessG

This is not correct. 1095-C, Line 16 codes are used in determining if an employer is subject to penalties if an employee purchases insurance on the exchange and receives a subsidy instead of purchasing affordable insurance through the employer. Code 2G (Section 4980H affordability federal poverty line safe harbor) identifies which specific formula was used by the employer in calculating whether the premium was considered affordable.