Solved: If, an error of claiming 2 dependents instead of 1 are on paystubs and W-2 form, how should proceed or who to contact? My job is fixing it and told to contact Turbotax.

If, an error of claiming 2 dependents instead of 1 are on paystubs and W-2 form, how should proceed or who to contact? My job is fixing it and told to contact Turbotax.

I just noticed this error while doing taxes this year and it has been there the whole time I started working at my current job. I informed my job and the payroll clerk is fixing it, but also told me to contact Turboax for further assistance.

you don’t need to do anything about that.  What you claim at work doesn’t need to match your actual tax return.  That is just to tell your employer how much withholding to take out.  You only enter the total $ withheld in you W2 box 2.  Not the # of dependents.  You just change it at work.  Like I’m married but claim single at work to have more taken out.

Thank you for your response. I was concerned, but I informed my job of the error and they corrected it. Thanks again.