athurman25

If a qualifying widower is the same as filing as married filing jointly why are the income limits that dictate eligibility for the stimulus package not the same?

A Qualifying Widow(er) has the same Standard Deduction as Married Filing Jointly.

See this IRS website for stimulus payment information - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

fanfare

Thanks for the question.

I'm still wondering if Qualifying Widow(er) will get $2,400 or $1,200. It's never mentioned.

My Assumption only - Since the payment is per person I assume it would only be $1,200 for a Qualifying Widow(er) plus the $500 for each child dependent under 17.