June 4, 2019 11:49 AM
You can pay in advance now to lock in the current discounted price of 89.99 for a Federal return in Self-Employed Edition. If you have started a state return, it should also lock it at 36.99 instead of 39.99.
- Open your return ("Take me to my return.")
- In the left menu column, click on TAX TOOLS, then Print Center.
- Then choose "Print/save/preview this year's return." You won't actually have to print it.
- On the next screen choose to "Pay now".
- The next screen should be an Order Summary. Review that, and if all is OK, click Continue.
- It should then prompt you for payment by credit or debit card. The
screen only says "credit card", but it will take a debit card.