turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I would like to know why I was charged $115 today.?When I payed $147 when filling my taxes earlier this year.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I would like to know why I was charged $115 today.?When I payed $147 when filling my taxes earlier this year.

If you chose to pay your TurboTax fees out of your Federal refund, and if your Federal refund has been delayed unusually long at the IRS (or if it's been reduced), TurboTax will want to be paid.  They likely started sending you emailed bills to pay.  If you don't respond by either paying or asking for a deferment, they will ultimately debit your bank account.  If you can't pay now and wish to ask for a deferment, you need to do so quickly.

See this FAQ that explains the process.  The first paragraph of the FAQ has a special phone number if you have a question or have a hardship and need to ask for a deferment.  

Hours are 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern),  Mon-Fri

If you need to ask for a deferment, you should call them as soon as possible.  Once they actually start the debit process, they say they can't stop it.

FAQ:  Why was my bank account auto-debited for the TurboTax fees?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-tur...

When I payed $147 when filling my taxes earlier this year.

How did you pay that?  With a credit card? Did the payment go through?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies