turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lewbryan
Returning Member

I would like to add a Form T (timber) to The Schedule F income section in my electronic filed joint tax return (Form 1040). How do I do it???

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Cindy0H

I would like to add a Form T (timber) to The Schedule F income section in my electronic filed joint tax return (Form 1040). How do I do it???

Unfortunately, Form T is not supported by TurboTax. From the instructions, I see that you will need to attach it to your tax return and mail it in.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3319876

The form:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/ft.pdf

The instructions:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/it.pdf

r41677040b
Returning Member

How do I add it to my electronic return?

BrittanyS
Expert Alumni

Unfortunately, Form T is not supported in TurboTax and must be manually completed and mailed with your return to the IRS.   Form Timber is used when a sale or deemed sale has occurred under IRC 631(a), 631(b).  

If your sale did not occur under IRC 631(a), 631(b), you can enter the sale in TurboTax following these steps, and Form T is not needed:

1. Open (continue) your return in TurboTax
  2. In the search box, search for investment sales, then select the Jump to investment sales
  3. Answer Yes to the question Did you have investment income in 2022? (or Okay! to Time to kick off your investments!)
    • If you land on the Investment sales summary or Your investments and savings screen, select Add More Sales or Add investments
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to either import your investment sale info or enter it in your return yourself
    1. If you choose not to import your form, on the OK, let's start with one investment type screen, select Other

For your cost basis, most people will enter a 0, but you could document what you originally paid for the seedlings or saplings.

For more information, see the link below:

Timber Sales

Form T

@r41677040b 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies