mfae1234

I worked in kansas and live in missouri my wife worked and live in missouri..but kansas sent us a letter that we need to send wages (box 1 from w2s) me and my wife

i worked for 4 employer 2017 3 in kansas .1 in missouri...my wife only 1 employer in missouri do i need to send them wages in box from w2s form even my wife never worked in kansas

MarilynG

If you and your wife are Missouri residents, then report all your income to Missouri.  If you paid taxes to Kansas on your income, Missouri will give you credit for the tax you paid Kansas.

If you paid Kansas taxes on your income, you would file a Non-Resident return to Kansas and report only your Kansas income.   Prepare your Kansas non-resident return first, then your Missouri resident return.

Click the link for more info on filing multiple states to help you.