addddddd12

I worked for a contractor and was never paid. $5430.00 Didnt locate anywhere to take that loss??

Texas Roger

You cannot deduct pay that you never received. You are not paying tax on it since you didn't receive it.

Texas Roger

_Beancounter

Any cost for materials, labor for other contractors, etc. you can claim as expense deduction in 2016.
The materials must have been left on the job and not put back into inventory.
Texas Roger is right, you cannot deduct for loss of income you never received. But you can deduct expenses for materials you will never recover and paid for in 2016.