If you are an independent contractor for a food delivery service and received a 1099-misc, then you would be considered self-employed.
After entering the 1099-MISC, then you would have the ability to deduct any qualified business expenses.
If you want to enter your 1099-MISC, follow the steps below:
- Sign into your TurboTax account and click Continue where I left off
- Choose Federal Taxes
- Click on Income and Expenses.
- Scroll down and select Show More in the Self-Employment section
- In this section labeled Line of Work find and Click on Edit next to the business you want to work.
- Near the bottom of the page, click on Add Expenses for this Work.