jmesanpedro

I worked at home in California but my contract job was in Alabama, do I still have to pay Alabama state tax although no income tax withheld?

I worked at home in California but my contract job was in Alabama, do I still have to pay Alabama state tax although no income tax withheld nor ever lived in AL. Also, Am I supposed to get 1099-MISC. I received one from WA contract, but not the one in AL yet.

DanielV01

No, you wil not need to file for Alabama.  There are some states that do tax telecommuter income, but Alabama is not one of them.  If your work was done from within California, even though it was performed for an Alabama company, you are only taxed in California on that income.  

And yes, you should receive a 1099-MISC if you earned more than $600 of income in contract services for your job.  You may wish to contact that company as to why you have not yet received it.

DanielV01