Solved: I work part-time and my employer only offers part-time employees a medical plan that is said to not meet ACA minimums - But I did have this insurance all year.

I work part-time and my employer only offers part-time employees a medical plan that is said to not meet ACA minimums - But I did have this insurance all year.

I paid $300/month for part-timer's health insurance, but my employer said it doesn't meet ACA minimums.  Can't I still say that I've had coverage all year, on my return?

If you're covered by any of the following types of plans, you're considered covered under the health care law and don't have to pay a penalty.

Click on the link above to the Healthcare.gov website that explains this coverage.  

If you have job-based health insurance (not the types below), you’ll need to report that you had coverage on your federal tax return. You may get Form 1095-B or 1095-C in the mail.

Some products that help pay for medical services don't qualify. If you have only this kind of product, you may have to pay the fee. Examples include:

• Coverage only for vision care or dental care
  • Workers' compensation
  • Coverage only for a specific disease or condition
  • Plans that offer only discounts on medical services

No, if the insurance is not qualifying insurance, you can NOT say you had coverage all year.  Sorry.

After thinking about it, I think I misread your post.  An employer plan doesn't necessarily need to meet the "ACA minimums" to be considered "Minimum Essential Coverage".  You may want to clarify with your employer what exactly it is.

• Workers' compensation