Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
Still need to file? Our experts can get your taxes done right. Get started >
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smdag55

I work for a company and my wife runs a home daycare as an s-corp what turbotax product do I need to use

I have a Job, My Wife runs a daycare out of our house. the daycare is an S-corp and I am a member of the S-corp and so are my three children (adults) We also have three employees (w2's for all of them) Can I file on one turbo tax product? Which one? Married filing jointly

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
HelenaC

I work for a company and my wife runs a home daycare as an s-corp what turbotax product do I need to use

You'll need two tax products. The CD\Download versions allow you to e-file five tax returns.

For your wife's S-Corp, she'll need to file Form 1120S (U.S. Income Tax Return for an S Corporation). It's available in TurboTax Business.

For your personal income tax return, if you want to use TurboTax online, you'll need TurboTax Premier and TurboTax Live Premier since you'll have a K-1's from the S-Corp.

OR

For your personal income tax return, if you want to use TurboTax CD\Download, you may use DeluxePremier, or Home & Business

• Although Basic, Deluxe, Premier, and Home & Business all support the same tax forms and schedules, the step-by-step guidance is different (for example, Basic through Home & Business all support Schedules C and D, but Premier and Home & Business have extra guidance and interview screens geared towards investment sales and self-employment, respectively).

Related information:

View solution in original post

3 Replies
HelenaC

Note: The CD\Download versions allow you to e-file five tax returns and prepare as many paper returns as you need. There is one state download with the personal software but there is a fee for e-filing.
HelenaC

See the Related Information in my answer for differences between Online and CD\Download.
HelenaC

You'll need two tax products. The CD\Download versions allow you to e-file five tax returns.

For your wife's S-Corp, she'll need to file Form 1120S (U.S. Income Tax Return for an S Corporation). It's available in TurboTax Business.

For your personal income tax return, if you want to use TurboTax online, you'll need TurboTax Premier and TurboTax Live Premier since you'll have a K-1's from the S-Corp.

OR

For your personal income tax return, if you want to use TurboTax CD\Download, you may use DeluxePremier, or Home & Business

• Although Basic, Deluxe, Premier, and Home & Business all support the same tax forms and schedules, the step-by-step guidance is different (for example, Basic through Home & Business all support Schedules C and D, but Premier and Home & Business have extra guidance and interview screens geared towards investment sales and self-employment, respectively).

Related information:

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies
v
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789-_~