desisan

I work a full-time job but would like extra cash so I wanted to sell my art. Would I have to include it in my taxes or get in trouble if I don't? How would I tax it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

you are would be a collectible.  

gains would be taxable and reported on schedule D (actually form 8949 with the collectibles box checked0

losses are a different story

Losses from selling collectible assets are deductible capital losses provided that the taxpayer held the collectible for investment purposes rather than personal purposes.

desisan

So if I'm using it for personal reasons like take out I wouldn't have to include it? 

fanfare

are you talking about the art works of others or your own art ?