turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

neu-ham

Does it matter where I mail a prior year return from? As long as its post marked for today is that correct? And a place like mailbox inc should be ok to mail from?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Does it matter where I mail a prior year return from? As long as its post marked for today is that correct? And a place like mailbox inc should be ok to mail from?

You can mail it from any US post office as long as the post mark date is correct. 

Non USPS sites may not be collected in time, so be sure to verify collection time, or go to your nearest post office.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

You can mail it from any US post office as long as the post mark date is correct. 

Non USPS sites may not be collected in time, so be sure to verify collection time, or go to your nearest post office.

JulieR
Expert Alumni

If you are filing a prior year return, the post mark is irrelevant since the return is already beyond it's due date.
neu-ham

What about the 3 year mark if expecting a return?
JulieR
Expert Alumni

Yes, if you're expecting a refund, you'd have until 04/15/2019 to file a 2015 return.
neu-ham

I wonder... The deadline for 2015 was 4/18/2015 do you think that means I will have till 4/18/2019 to file?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies