djensen47

I will not receive my K-1 until after the October extension deadline, what should I do?

The LLC that has not sent the K-1 went out of business in 2017 but was still in business in 2016. The K-1 will reflect a loss and no distributions. However, I don't know how much the loss will be.

1. Should I file with the 2015 numbers (also a loss), leave a note, and amend as soon as I have the K-1?

2. Should I not include the Schedule K-1? And amend when I get it? 

3. Should I not include the Schedule K-1 and file an 8082 with my return? Then amend when I get it?

4. Should I file a 4797? (It seems like I should do this for 2017 not 2016)

5. Something else?

File now and amend later when you do get the form.

djensen47

Can you elaborate?Did you mean file *without* the K-1 and amend?
TaxGuyBill

Although I think the proper way would be to do option #3, because you are SURE it will be loss, you could do option #2.
djensen47

Thanks!