Solved: I went intense radiation and pill chemo TX cancer. Is my send out wash costs deductible since touching pills need to where gloves and drink to rid drug from body?

yonushonis-1

I went intense radiation and pill chemo TX cancer. Is my send out wash costs deductible since touching pills need to where gloves and drink to rid drug from body?

My extensive radiation and pill chemo intoxicated my body. Anyone touching me or my pills needed to wear gloves for 6-8 hours till chemo drug was eliminated from my system. Can I claim the cost of sending my clothing to be washed. I did not want to contaminate my washer?

DanielV01

It depends.  This type of expense would fall under medical expenses.  You probably can claim this particular expense as a medical expense because you had a medical reason for the expense.  The caveat is you only see benefits from medical expenses if you are able to claim itemized deductions.  

So if you are able to itemized, you may see benefit in claiming this expense along with your other medical expenses.  The question is if you can itemize.  The FAQ below will help you with this.  Regardless, we wish you a speedy recovery and are sorry for the ordeal you are experiencing:

DanielV01