Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

fstbafbb

I wasn't required to pay estimated quarterly payments based for 2018 taxes. Can I begin my quarterly estimated payments in June to avoid a penalty?

I had a sizable unexpected stock sale capital gain in April 2019.  My tax bill for 2019 did not require me to make est quarterly payments.  Can I begin making quarterly payments in the remaining 3 quarters of the years to avoid a penalty on next year's tax bill? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieCo

I wasn't required to pay estimated quarterly payments based for 2018 taxes. Can I begin my quarterly estimated payments in June to avoid a penalty?

Yes, if the activity didn't occur until this month (April 2019), then you can being with the 2nd quarter payment in June. 

If you want to utilize TurboTax to help you create the 2019 forms, see this answer from TurboTax Anthony below for how to access the estimated tax section of TurboTax after you have already filed your return:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7220715

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JulieCo

Yes, if the activity didn't occur until this month (April 2019), then you can being with the 2nd quarter payment in June. 

If you want to utilize TurboTax to help you create the 2019 forms, see this answer from TurboTax Anthony below for how to access the estimated tax section of TurboTax after you have already filed your return:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7220715

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies