turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I was told that the company that we filed are taxes with previously is holding up the second stimulus payments since the IRS sends it first to them and they send to us?

Since I elected to pay my tax fee using my federal return, I was told the stimulus money is going to the tax preparers account first, which is delaying our payments. Is this true?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I was told that the company that we filed are taxes with previously is holding up the second stimulus payments since the IRS sends it first to them and they send to us?

TurboTax did NOT receive your stimulus check.  TurboTax has NO control over your stimulus check, nor can TT track it or tell you when you will receive it.  The IRS will use the same banking information for the 2nd stimulus that they used for the first one.  If that account (or card) is closed then the stimulus will go back to the IRS and they will mail you a check.

You may check the status of your payment at IRS.gov/GetMyPayment

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Got an email from turbo tax about the stimulus that provided more information about the issue with the delay. It was a lot more professional and detailed then this post. Using capitalized words in a message gives a person the impression that they are being yelled at. You should think about that when replying to comments in the future. Very offensive 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies