DAJOHNS

I was out of work for the last two months of the year,where do I list my disability insurance income?

DawnC0

Disability paid by an insurance company for lost wages, loss of limb, loss of sight (etc.) may or may not be taxable, depending on circumstance:

• If the premiums were paid by your employer and were not included in your taxable income, the disability is taxable.
  • If you paid the premiums out of your own pocket or with payroll deductions that came out of your after-tax income, the disability is not taxable.
  • If you and your employer jointly paid the premiums, only the disability amount covered by your employer's payments are taxable.

If they or any part of them are taxable, the amount will be reported to you on a tax form from your employer.  You will need that in order to report the taxable portion.

DawnC0