State is a separate charge in all Online versions. To not pay for State you have to delete it. You can add it back in later but you will have to pay.
If you need to delete:
You can delete your TurboTax Online state return as long as you haven't paid for it yet (or registered in a free version):
- Sign in to your return, if you're not already signed in.
(To do this, sign in to TurboTax and select the blue Take me to my return button.)
- Select State, and then Your State Returns.
- On that screen, select the Delete link right next to the Continue button, and then answer Yes.
If you don't see the Continue or Delete button on the Your State Returns screen and haven't paid or registered, please do the following:
- Select State.
- Select the Your State Returns screen.
- Select Start next to the state you want to delete.
- After the transfer of the information completes, select Continue.
- Once the next screen has loaded, select State and then Your State Returns.
- Select Delete next to the state that you want to be deleted.
- Select Yes.
In some cases, you won't see the option to delete, just Edit and Start Over. This is because you either already paid for your state or registered your free version while that state was attached to your return.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Still have questions?Make a post