turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bruce62-

I was not self employed the entire year. I received a 1095A showing 12 months of monthly enrollment. How do I enter this information into TurboTax?

How do I handle this tax situation? I was self-employed for the first 10 months and was then part-time employed with no employer health benefits for the last two months. I received a 1095A showing 12 months of monthly enrollment. Since I was not self-employed the entire year, how do I enter this information into TurboTax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

I was not self employed the entire year. I received a 1095A showing 12 months of monthly enrollment. How do I enter this information into TurboTax?

Here's how to enter your 1095-A in TurboTax:

1. Open (continue) your return if you don't already have it open.
  2. In TurboTax, search for 1095-A or health insurance and then click or tap the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  3. Select the first or third option on the Did you all have health insurance coverage in 2017? screen and continue.
  4. Answer Yes to the question Was anyone enrolled in one of these less common plans? and continue.
    • If you selected the third option in Step 3 ("I had it for part of 2017" or "I'll pick who had it and which months") you'll go through a few screens before you get to this question.
  5. On the following screen, select the first option for Affordable Care Act/Obamacare (as well as any others that apply), then click or tap Continue.
  6. Answer Yes to Do you have a 1095-A form? and follow the onscreen instructions.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies