I was DQ'd for both stimulus checks as my 2019 inc...

rocket600r

I was DQ'd for both stimulus checks as my 2019 income was overstated due to relocation benefits paid. My income will be approx $175k this year. Can i claim on my return?

My company paid moving benefits which were one-time payments that got recorded on my 2019 W2.   This artificially inflated my 'actual income'.   I'm wondering if I use my true income from this year, if I can file for both stimulus benefits.  Thanks.

There is only one stimulus payment which was a credit from your 2020 tax return.  The status of any further stimulus payment is not yet known.

If you are eligible for the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 federal tax return it will be entered on the Form 1040 Line 30.

TurboTax will ask you about the stimulus payment in the Federal Review section of the program.

Stimulus Payment - Online.JPG

When you go through the 2020 federal review tab it will ask how much you got.  Or to enter your stimulus payment in TurboTax, type "stimulus" (without the quotes) in the Search box, then click the link that says "Jump to stimulus."

The Stimulus Check is really based on your 2020 return we are filing in 2021.  So any amount you already got will be reconciled on your 2020 return line 30.  If you qualify for more it will be added to your return.  But the good news is if they paid you too much they won't take it back.

See this thread, it has good information and a screen shot

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/after-you-file/discussion/i-filed-an-amended-return-for-2019-to-se...

If you are married filing jointly, you will qualify for a partial amount if your income is $175,000.  It will be added to your other tax refund (or will reduce the tax you owe).