turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I was dependent in 2019 and was not eligible for the 2020 stimulus checks. I did my taxes and claimed myself for this round, will i receive the third round of stimulus?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

I was dependent in 2019 and was not eligible for the 2020 stimulus checks. I did my taxes and claimed myself for this round, will i receive the third round of stimulus?

The third round of stimulus payments will be based on the most recently filed return information.  Since you have filed a 2020 tax return the information on that return will be used to establish eligibility for the third round of stimulus payments. 

If you were not claimed as a dependent on someone else's 2020 return, you made less than $75,000, are a US citizen, and have a valid social security number, then you would be otherwise eligible for the third round of stimulus payments.

Here is a link with more information on the stimulus programs.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I filed on 3/10 and claimed myself, was that enough time in advance to have the stimulus based on 2020 taxes?

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Since the IRS has just started to issue these stimulus payments, they will be processing payments as the season progresses.  While you may not get the payment immediately, once the IRS processes your return, you should be able to get the payment if you qualify.

Please see the links below for additional guidance from the IRS in regards to how the stimulus payments are being issued and how to track them.  

Link to check your third stimulus payment

FAQs for Stimulus payments

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies