If you did not get an email, sign in to TurboTax, select Fix my return, and you'll see your reject code and explanation. Then, find a solution
Here are solutions for the 10 most "popular" IRS rejections. Select yours for detailed instructions on how to fix your return:
- IND-031-04: The AGI or Self-select PIN from last year for the first taxpayer doesn't match IRS records
- FW2-502: The name or EIN for an employer on your W-2 doesn't match IRS records
- R0000-504-02: The name or Social Security number for a dependent on your return doesn't match IRS records
- IND-032-04: The spouse's AGI or Self-select PIN from last year doesn't match IRS records
- R0000-507-01: A dependent on your return has already been claimed on another return
- IND-181-01: The Identity Protection PIN (IP PIN) for the first taxpayer on your return is missing
- F1040-164-01: Must file Form 8862 to claim Earned Income Credit
- R0000-500-01: The name or Social Security number for the first taxpayer doesn't match IRS records
- IND-524: The date of birth does not match IRS records
- IND-516-01: If the Primary Taxpayer is claimed as an exemption in the return, then the Primary SSN must not be the same as a Dependent SSN on another return
Yours not listed? There are numerous e-file reject codes, these are just some popular ones. With your return open, search for your specific code to find help articles on how to fix the error and refile.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"