turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I was able to order my transcripts over the phone, does that mean I'm done processing??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I was able to order my transcripts over the phone, does that mean I'm done processing??

NO ... that is an old wives tale.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

NO ... that is an old wives tale.

Yes.  If you can order your return transcript your about done.  Just a fact.  

Per the IRS:

Q13. Will ordering a transcript help me determine when I’ll get my refund?

No, a tax transcript won’t help you determine when you’ll get your refund. IRS transcripts are best and most often used to validate past income and tax filing status for mortgage, student and small business loan applications and to help with tax preparation.

The best way to check on your refund is by visiting Where's My Refund?. The codes listed on tax transcripts don’t provide any early insight regarding when we’ll issue your refund.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript-faqs

Ok Critter if you say so

I have seen where refunds have been sent to the bank only to be recalled before being posted .... so until you have your hands on the money it is not yours to spend.

Yes critter....out if the millons upon millons of returns processed the odds of this poor person above getting yanked is pretty slight.  But the sun even shines on a dog's ass from time to time.....he might be that dogggg

Lol it was a simple question. Not that serious for any arguing. No big deal.
Manage cookies