turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

eugene4

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I want to talk to a HUMAN

I asked the simple question How do I get part of my refund stipulated on Page 2 line 22 of the return before I click TRANSMIT. I RECEIVED THE WRITTEN INSTRUCTION "SEARCH FOR THE PHRASE APPLY FEDERAL REFUND TO NEXT YEAR". However, I cannot locate this phrase. where is it located?

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

You will enter the phrase "APPLY FEDERAL REFUND TO NEXT YEAR" in the search box located in the upper right corner.  Then click on "Jump to apply federal refund to next year" in the results window.  Follow the prompts to apply some or all of your refund to next year's taxes.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I need to get a new card to be sent to me I've lost my last one 

TurboTax has withheld my payment since March 5th. The IRS has indicated payment was disbursed to you on the 5th of March I have not gotten anything nor the ability to get through to speak to anyone

Why has TurboTax withheld my payment from me why won't they give me my money?

should I call the police?

@Franicakes Did you request to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund through the third party bank?

Your tax refund was not sent to TurboTax.   TurboTax does not handle your refund at all.

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

My 1,200 check was put on a card that i never received i cannot reach a person at green dot they want the card number which i don't have since i never got it.  also it looks like it was sent to the wrong address. i am very angry that this cannot be taken care of. can someone please help me i really need this money

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

As this is a public forum, we cannot help you with your specific account.

The bank account information for TurboTax filers is transmitted to the IRS as a part of the tax return. The IRS has the appropriate banking information for all TurboTax filers, which can be used by them to distribute stimulus payments. This is true regardless of whether a customer chose to receive their refund on a debit card, selected refund transfer (refund processing service/SBTPG) or other services.

Any TurboTax customer who selected a refund transfer or a debit card that gets a stimulus payment sent from the IRS to those accounts will receive those stimulus payments without delay or fees.

You can find out when and how the IRS will be sending your stimulus payment to you by visiting the IRS Get My Payment tool. 

The IRS Get My Payment is the ONLY way to get: 

• Your payment status
  • Your payment type
  • Additional information, like if IRS needs updated bank account information

Please see the following link for specific questions related to your card.

Stimulus Payments for Refund Transfer and Turbo Visa Debit Cards Customer.

That wasn't my question. I DID NOT request turbo tax or anyone else to put it on a turbo tax card that I NEVER received.  I just filed my taxes. TurboTax took it upon themselves to attach ONE OF THEIR cards to my account without my authorization. I expect an email from Turbo tax regarding this matter by Tuesday or I will have to take further action.

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

We cannot contact you directly from this forum. Please contact TurboTax Support to review your order and your refund selection.

What is the TurboTax phone number

Mally40
Returning Member

Why haven't I received my state taxes it's saying nothing was file for my state taxes

Check your e-file status to see if you filed your state return.  What does it say?  Maybe it rejected and you have to fix it and re-file, or you might have to print, sign and mail it.

Did you e-file?  Did you click a big orange button that said “Transmit my returns now?”

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

First, check your e-file status to see if your return was accepted:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

To track your state refund:    

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

Or does your account say “Ready to Mail?”

Note: If it says “Ready to Mail” or “Printed” that means YOU have to mail it yourself.  TurboTax does not mail your tax return for you.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@Mally40 wrote:
Why haven't I received my state taxes it's saying nothing was file for my state taxes

What is the status of the state tax return?  Sign onto your TurboTax account and the status of the state tax return will be displayed - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

If the status is anything other than Accepted then the state tax return was never e-filed.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for e-filing the state tax return after the federal tax return has already been filed and accepted by the IRS - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/e-file/help/how-do-i-e-file-my-state-after-i-already-filed-my-fede...

How do I verify that TurboTax actually I efiled my return as requested? 

Did you go all the way through the File tab, through the 3 steps and hit the big orange Transmit Returns Now button?

Did you efile? Was it Accepted? You can check your efile status here

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

When you efile you get back 2 emails. The first email only confirms the transmission. The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc. What does it say?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies