Solved: I want to put an extension on my w-2 from last year. can me and my spouse file jointly on his tax return if i will be getting an extension with my seperate tax return?

I want to put an extension on my w-2 from last year. can me and my spouse file jointly on his tax return if i will be getting an extension with my seperate tax return?

Yes but you do need to report ALL your income on your tax return, whether you file Joint or separate.  You can't choose not to file it or to wait until next year.  You have to report it on your 2017 return.  The IRS gets copies of all the W2s from the employers and will be looking for it on your return or they will send you a letter asking for it and for more tax.  

Why do you want to wait to file it?  If you missed reporting something then later you will have to do an AMENDED return for this year and that is a  hassle.  So enter everything and be done with it now.

You have to report all your income no matter how small, even $1 of bank interest you don't get a 1099Int for.

Huh?  By last year do you mean 2016?  If you mean 2017 then if you file Joint you do not file a separate return.  You would need an extension on the Joint return.  Joint is one return combined for the both of you.

ok. well what if i dont want to file for my w-2 this year and want to wait until next year to file it? can we still file jointly if i choose not to file my w-2 form?

.

well im claiming a dependant on my return for when i file next year so i wont be oweing any taxes but i was wondering if on his return he put joint, what will i put when i do the 2017 tax next year? will it be safe to put as seperate on mines for next year if technically his taxes were filed on time already for 2017?

Oh do you mean on your W4 at work?  What you claim for withholding at work doesn't have to match the filing status on your return.

Just to be clear:  all W2s for 2017 must be reported on your 2017 return regardless of whether you file joint or separately.  Carrying one into the next tax year is simply not permitted.