guadalupe1996

I want to file my W2's from a employer, but I also want to report a certain amount of money for self-employment. Would I have to file separately? If so, how is that done?

This year I want to file my W2's from my employer, but I also want to report a certain amount of money for self-employment. Would I have to file separately? If so, how is that done?

Also, how do I upload expense receipts for when i'm filing my taxes online?

MaryK1

You must file your W2 and self employment on the same tax return.  You will have to upgrade to TurboTax self employed to do this- it will guide you through entering the business information as well as the income and expenses.  This will be reported on a Schedule C which is included with your wages.  You do not upload your receipts, the IRS does not require you to file them with your tax return, but you are required to keep them in case you are audited.  You will enter the expenses in the Business section.  If you have any questions as you are working on your return, post them on Answer Xchange and you can get help!

MaryK1

guadalupe1996

Thank you!