In TurboTax Online versions, these steps will help you file your tax return(s).
- In TurboTax Online, sign into your account.
- From the Welcome home box on the left, Click on Visit My Tax Timeline below the Download/print return button.
- Under SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO click on Add a state. (You are not adding a state to your return. By choosing this option it will allow us to open up your return.)
- Click on the File tab across the top below the Search option.
- On the Just one more step screen, follow steps 1 and 2 if you haven't already.
- Click the Start button to the right of Step 3.
- This will navigate you to the Here are your filing choices screen, click I'd like to chance filing methods.
- Change your filing method to E-file and click Save.
- Click Continue and follow the onscreen prompts to e-file your return.
Please see the following TurboTax FAQ below which discusses some reasons why you may not be able to e-file:
2021 returns cannot be efiled using TT until at least 1/6/2022 and TT is not doing any holiday loans ... seek other options if that is what you want.
Tax year 2021 is not even over yet, and will not be over until midnight on December 31. You still need your 2021 W-2's and any 1099's that will show your income for 2021. Those will not be issued until late or the end of January.
The tax forms are not ready yet. Your return must be ready to file which will not happen until 1/6 at the earliest. Go to the REVIEW tab to see which forms in your return are incomplete and the estimated dates they will be ready (dates always subject to change) and sign up for the email alerts if you wish.
The IRS will not begin to accept e-files until late January or even early February. The refund loan is not given to you until the IRS accepts your e-file. .
Being in such a hurry to file and get a refund is never a good idea---it leads to filing incorrectly without all of your information and to waiting months to amend mistakes that you should not have made in the first place. Be patient and file correctly when all of your information is in order and the tax forms are ready.
Read up on all the info for the loan here … pay attention to the details in the fine print … https://turbotax.intuit.com/refund-advance/
Note the process is a bit different than in the past ... all payments will go to the Karma bank account you are opening which you can access with a debit card. This is no longer just a prepaid debit card instead it is an actual virtual bank account like any other you can set up at a brick & mortar bank near you only there will be no checks issued on this account. Seems to be the wave of the future ... no one is writing actual checks these days. Read the info below … note no min balance and no fees …
Can I continue using my checking account and debit card after it runs out of funds?
You can easily add more funds into your checking account with Credit Karma Money™ and can continue to take advantage of all of the great benefits listed here:
- No withdrawal fees*
- No overdraft fees*
- No minimum balance requirement
- No ATM fees at 55,000 Allpoint® locations nationwide**
- Get access to your paycheck up to 2 days early***
- Enroll in direct deposit
- Use online bill pay
- Download the app
Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC. Maximum balance and transfer limits apply. Credit Karma Visa® Debit Card issued by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Visa terms and conditions apply.
*Third-party fees may apply. Please see Account Terms & Disclosures for more information.
**Free withdrawals available at ATMs in the Allpoint® network. Fees may apply for ATM transactions outside this network.
***Early access to paycheck is compared to standard payroll electronic deposit and is dependent on and subject to payor submitting payroll information to the bank before release date. Payor may not submit paycheck early.