turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I want to file 1040xTurboTax says the form isn’t available until 3/25/2021 and won’t let me file until that day. Is there anyway to file through TurboTax before that day

Can I use TurboTax to efile an amended 2020 return
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

I want to file 1040xTurboTax says the form isn’t available until 3/25/2021 and won’t let me file until that day. Is there anyway to file through TurboTax before that day

You can print the tax forms on the IRS website and mail in your amended income tax return.

The IRS has not finalized the 1040X form so it can't be e-filed until they approve the form for e-file. This applies to all tax preparation companies, not just TurboTax.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

why are you amending?  certain changes in the tax laws may require filing an amended return but until the IRS publishes the instructions for the proper way to amend   (this would include unemployment compensation, child tax credit, earned income credit) filing before the TurboTax app is updated will likely result in a holdup in the amended return and may even require you to file a correction which could further delay any refund you might have coming.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies