I want to downgrade to free edition. I see the clear and start over option but before doing that - can I print out or export my data entry for reentry?

You can preview it but to print you have to pay.

You can (and should) preview your return.   Go to TAX TOOLS on the Left side.?(You might have to click a little to the left of “Tax Tools” to make it open Then click on TOOLS?Then View Tax Summary (first link in the Tools Center box)?Then Preview My 1040 on  the Left side again

If you clear and start over only your basic account information will remain.

But your typed info in your return will not remain.

You will need to re enter your return information.