I want to claim food during business.

I want to claim food during business.

I want to claim food during business.

What is your question?

SweetieJean gave you one of the circumstances you are allowed to deduct a meal.  The other main one is if you are having a business 'meeting' with a client.

I want to claim food during business.

Oh, right!

I want to claim food during business.

@markhall1968  What kind of business do you have?

I want to claim food during business.

I am a new Lyft driver. I want to know where to enter vehicle maintenance, gas, and mileage. I guess food is out of the question. I could use 25.00 a day food allowance--I do sleep in my car throughout the day.

I want to claim food during business.

I want to claim food during business.

If you provide food to your passengers, that is deductible.  Your own food would not be deductible.

As SweetieJean's link points out, you need to enter your Lyft driving as a "business" in TurboTax.

I want to claim food during business.

There are two ways to take a deduction for the business use of your car:
(1) Deduct the actual expenses of operating the vehicle for business, including gas, oil, repairs, insurance, maintenance and depreciation or lease payments; OR  (2) Take the standard IRS mileage deduction.
Be sure to notify your car insurance company that you are now driving for Lyft.

I want to claim food during business.

For tax purposes, travel meals are deductible when you must be away from your work for more than one day, and you need to get sleep or rest to meet the demands of our work while away.