turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I want to check the payment method I selected for my 2016 State (MA) tax. I thought that this would be taken from my account on 14th April but I don't see it

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I want to check the payment method I selected for my 2016 State (MA) tax. I thought that this would be taken from my account on 14th April but I don't see it

Did you specify a date you wanted the funds withdrawn? Generally, the funds are withdrawn on the payment date you specified if your return has been accepted. Sometimes it may take a couple more days on their end. If you still don't see the debit 7-10 days after your return has been accepted and your specified date, you will need to contact your state tax agency.

You can go here https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901670 and choose your state and it will take you to their contact page with phone numbers to reach them. If you did not specify a date, the default date is set to April 18th. 

If you need to check to see if you did specify a certain date, you can use the steps here below to help you find your payment date and banking information or how you chose to pay, on the return. 

• If the drop down appears, choose My Tax Timeline (if it doesn’t appear when you click, it may have taken you directly to the page once you clicked My TurboTax.
  • Scroll down to section Some Things You Can Do 
  • Click on Download all forms and worksheets
  • On the return, Part V of the Federal Information Worksheet will have your auto debit date and bank account info
  • And Part VI on the State Information Worksheet will have your state auto debit date and bank account info for that payment

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3299924

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Did you specify a date you wanted the funds withdrawn? Generally, the funds are withdrawn on the payment date you specified if your return has been accepted. Sometimes it may take a couple more days on their end. If you still don't see the debit 7-10 days after your return has been accepted and your specified date, you will need to contact your state tax agency.

You can go here https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901670 and choose your state and it will take you to their contact page with phone numbers to reach them. If you did not specify a date, the default date is set to April 18th. 

If you need to check to see if you did specify a certain date, you can use the steps here below to help you find your payment date and banking information or how you chose to pay, on the return. 

• If the drop down appears, choose My Tax Timeline (if it doesn’t appear when you click, it may have taken you directly to the page once you clicked My TurboTax.
  • Scroll down to section Some Things You Can Do 
  • Click on Download all forms and worksheets
  • On the return, Part V of the Federal Information Worksheet will have your auto debit date and bank account info
  • And Part VI on the State Information Worksheet will have your state auto debit date and bank account info for that payment

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3299924

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies