turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Bonibeth

I've reported income on a 1099 misc. Turbo Tax is listing it twice, again under Misc Income. How do I fix that?

The 1099 misc is as a contract counselor.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichaelMc

I've reported income on a 1099 misc. Turbo Tax is listing it twice, again under Misc Income. How do I fix that?

TurboTax contains interview questions about Form 1099-MISC in several parts of the interview, because the 1099-MISC can be used to report many different kinds of income (royalties, prizes, non-employee compensation, etc.). From the situation you are describing, I fear you may, in good faith, have answered questions about the same 1099 in more than one section of TurboTax.

I recommend that you return to the Income section of the interview and scroll down through the various line items. Pay close attention to any line that mentions Form 1099-MISC. I suspect that two such lines will have the dollar amount that is causing your trouble listed to the right. Determine which is the right way that your particular income should be reported and leave that line alone. Find the other line containing the same amount, click Update next to it, and Delete the 1099 information entered there.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MichaelMc

TurboTax contains interview questions about Form 1099-MISC in several parts of the interview, because the 1099-MISC can be used to report many different kinds of income (royalties, prizes, non-employee compensation, etc.). From the situation you are describing, I fear you may, in good faith, have answered questions about the same 1099 in more than one section of TurboTax.

I recommend that you return to the Income section of the interview and scroll down through the various line items. Pay close attention to any line that mentions Form 1099-MISC. I suspect that two such lines will have the dollar amount that is causing your trouble listed to the right. Determine which is the right way that your particular income should be reported and leave that line alone. Find the other line containing the same amount, click Update next to it, and Delete the 1099 information entered there.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies