turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

danij2020

I've made less than 400$ on Only fans. I filled out a W-2. The website States that they only send out 1099 if you make 600$ or more. How do I report that income?

Is there a section for me to fill out that info on the free version of turbotax? Also do I have to fill out self employment tax?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I've made less than 400$ on Only fans. I filled out a W-2. The website States that they only send out 1099 if you make 600$ or more. How do I report that income?

What do you mean "I filled out a W-2?"  Employers issue W-2's--you do not "fill out" a W-2 for yourself.

If the "less than $400" that you made on the website was your only income you do not need to file a tax return.

Or did you have other income?   Is that what you mean when you mention a W-2?  Did you receive a W-2 from an employer?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
danij2020

When signing up for the website, you are instructed to fill out a W-2 form as a sole proprietor. The less than 400 dollars is the only income I've made from the site. They are not considered an employer. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies