valmikipr

I used Turbotax to file my extension along with a payment to IRS on May 17 2021, but that payment does not seem to have gone from Turbotax to IRS. What should I do now?

fanfare

go to IRS.gov and create your account.

After reading your Record of Account, 

look for code 460 which is your extension of time request.

If nothing came out of your paying account, never mind, you didn't pay it.

you don't have to pay to request an extension,

but making a payment online at www.irs.gov is one way to be sure your request was processed.

Your only proof of payment is your bank statement or credit card showing the payment coming out.  Turbo Tax only passes your bank account number to the IRS to take it out of your account.  Some banks use different routing numbers for deposits and payments.  Double check the number you entered with your bank.

If your extension payment didn't go through or get paid, be sure it doesn't automatically show up on your return!  You may need to delete it.   See this Extension FAQ for how to get there.  Then you can change to amount to zero.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-payments/help/how-do-i-get-credit-for-tax-payments-i-made-with...

valmikipr

Yes, I did enter my bank account information for TurboTax to remit the payment along with my Extension request. I never got an error message that the payment did not go through. I just checked my bank account and the payment never went through. So, now when I file my returns, I will have to make that payment. My concern is - I will now owe penalty & interest on the amount due!! Will TurboTax take care of this penalty and interest? Will IRS waive it if I request?

fanfare

As  I mentioned above, if you request an extension, it is automatic.

File before Oct 15.

That's your best option.

Did you ever get an email for the extension acceptance ?  If not then the payment never happened because the extension was not accepted.  If the filing was rejected you would have gotten an email telling you so and the option to try again.  

TT has no responsibility if the extension was not accepted or the payment was never completed by the IRS.