turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bobpurcell96
Returning Member

I used Turbo Tax prior to 2018 Return, then used a Tax expert for 2018. I want to return to use Turbo Tax for 2019...how should I do this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Bees
Level 7

I used Turbo Tax prior to 2018 Return, then used a Tax expert for 2018. I want to return to use Turbo Tax for 2019...how should I do this?

Do you have things like depreciation schedules for a rental or  business? Do you have any loss carry overs from investments.?  

Disclaimer: Not a tax professional. Information gathered from internet links. Anything dated in June 2019 was posted in prior years and is before the 2019 limits and changes.
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

You cannot upload the prior year's return into Turbo Tax unless it was done through Turbo Tax, H&R Block, or Tax Act. Any other professional service will require you to enter any information needed manually into the return when asked. 

If you did use any of the above services, please follow the instructions in the URL below to upload the pdf into Turbo Tax. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/how-do-i-transfer-last-year-s-return-into-...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies