uticageneral

I used t/t on a different computer last year. can i install on my new computer and still have access to last year's 1099s

Irene2805

You can install the CD/Download version TurboTax on a new computer, but you will have to copy the TurboTax client files from the old computer to a new one. 

• The client files are located in C:\Users\[your name]\Documents\TurboTax
  • Can copy the files to a stick drive; or
  • Attach the files to an e-mail to yourself on the old computer and open the e-mail on your new computer.

If you used the online version of TurboTax last year, you can just sign back in to the TurboTax website and your files will have transferred from the previous year.

uticageneral

Thank you.  I did use the online version and was able to access everything once signed in.