Solved: I uploaded my Form 1095-A (Affordable Care Act). I noticed that the annual total that Turbotax calculated was $3.41 less than what my 1095 states. Why?
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I uploaded my Form 1095-A (Affordable Care Act). I noticed that the annual total that Turbotax calculated was $3.41 less than what my 1095 states. Why?

5,899.41 vs. 5,896.00    Probably not an issue but I don't understand why the difference.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 10

I uploaded my Form 1095-A (Affordable Care Act). I noticed that the annual total that Turbotax calculated was $3.41 less than what my 1095 states. Why?

The monthly premiums were rounded, resulting in this slight difference.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 10

The monthly premiums were rounded, resulting in this slight difference.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

So if the amount TurboTax calculated is off by $5.00, do I need to override the amount to make the IRS happy?
Highlighted

Maybe TurboTax should let us put in the totals that we have on the 1095a rather than calculating it by rounding up or down each monthly premium separately and then calculating the total.
v
Privacy Settings