pmd1

I uninstalled Turbo Tax from my laptop because I am giving it away . The program uninstalled, but said the tax files are still on the computer. Where do I find them?

Irene2805

The default location for the TurboTax files is:  C:\Program Files (x86)\TurboTax

Carl

Sorry, but @Nirt is wrong.

Your tax files with your personal information in them are located in the documents/turbotax directory.

Make sure you make a backup copy of *ALL* tax files in that directory. Otherwise, you will "NOT" be able to import from your .tax2019 file next year when you complete your 2020 taxes.

Unless you make a backup first, the documents/turbotax directory is the only place on the planet that your tax files exist. Lose them, and you're hosed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

the  .tax files are in the users/"user name"/my documents/turbotax  folder.