turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Using TurboTax Business, I filed my 2018 taxes for LLC. A 2019 LLC tax voucher printed out. Is this correct? Voucher is for 01-01-2019 to 12-31-19. How do I pay for 2018?

After filing my 2018 taxes for multi-member LLC, with zero income and zero expenses, the next step was to print the voucher to pay my LLC taxes. However, my LLC started 5-1-2018. The voucher is for 1-1-2019 to 12-31-19, and also says Taxable year 2019 for $800 dues. Do I need to pay for 2018? How? Can I go to feb.ca.gov to pay electronically with WebPay? If so, do I adjust the information to reflect 2018 taxable year, so I would input 5-1-2018 (the date I started the business) to 12-31-2018? Also, would I still need to pay this taxable year 2019 $800 voucher today as well?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Using TurboTax Business, I filed my 2018 taxes for LLC. A 2019 LLC tax voucher printed out. Is this correct? Voucher is for 01-01-2019 to 12-31-19. How do I pay for 2018?

No, you don't pay the minimum franchise fee for your first tax year. 

"Newly Incorporated or Qualified Corporations To compute the tax for your corporation’s first tax year, multiply your California net income by the appropriate tax rate. Your first tax year is not subject to the minimum franchise tax. After the first year, your tax is the larger of your California net income multiplied by the appropriate tax rate or the minimum franchise tax."

- FTB Publication 1060

Yes, you will need to pay an annual franchise fee to CA. 

From the Franchise Tax Board. 

All LLCs (not classified as a corporation) that are doing business in California, or file an article of organization or certificate of registration with the Secretary of State must file Form 568, Limited Liability Company Return of Income, pay the annual minimum franchise tax of $800, and LLC fee (if applicable). 

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/businesses/Structures/Limited-Liability-Company.shtml

I understand that I need to pay the $800. However, the voucher is for taxable year 2019. I just finished filing my 2018 taxes. Shouldn't the voucher be fore taxable year 2018?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies