Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mpk7488

I tried to remove the "Premium Services Benefits" but was still charged for them.

When I realized that by paying with my refund required me to buy the "Max" benefits I went back and decided to pay with my credit card. I went back to the screen that asked if I wanted to add "Max" and clicked no. I then continued onto the payment page where I chose to pay with my credit card. I assumed that since I had selected no on the previous page they would not be added to my bill but they still were and I submitted payment before I realized this. I feel that your site was a bit misleading and guided me to this and I would like a refund of the $34.99.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Rashaud

I tried to remove the "Premium Services Benefits" but was still charged for them.

If you choose to deduct the TurboTax fees from your refund, SBTPG (Santa Barbara Tax Products Group) opens a temporary bank account in your name at one of their 2 banks--Civista Bank of Sandusky, Ohio or Green Dot Bank. They receive your funds from the IRS, subtract the fees, then send the rest of your funds on to your bank account in a second direct deposit.  Then they close the temporary bank account they set up for you. There is a 34.99 service fee for that option (39.99 in California, where it is bundled with Premium Services.)

You can avoid the Refund Processing fee by paying your TurboTax fees with a credit or debit card instead.

Here's how to remove the Refund Processing Service before you e-file:

1. Sign in to your online return, if you're not already signed in.
  2. Click File in the upper right corner and proceed to the Just one more step screen.
  3. On this screen, click the first Revisit link (next to You've chosen to deduct your TurboTax fees from your federal refund).
  4. Click View Payment Options on the next screen, and then select Pay with credit card on the screen after that.
  5. Complete payment by entering your credit or debit card information.
  6. Continue to the Just one more step screen to make sure the Refund Processing Service has been removed. Step 1 should now show that you paid with your credit or debit card

Please note that once your e-filed return is in pending or accepted status, it's too late to remove the Refund Processing Service.

However, if your return gets rejected and you decide to file a paper return, the Refund Processing Service and related fees, if any, drop off anyway because Refund Processing is only available on e-filed returns.

Depending on when you filed, it is possible for you to contact us and pay your fees over the phone via card and thus skip the 34.99 fee charged by SBTPG:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies