Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!

I tried to download my return docs 2018 and the box to change the file format is TEXT and no more options are available, my computer is equip with all pdf and updates

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DawnC0

You shouldn't need to change the file format.  TurboTax will default to PDF when downloading or printing.  If you are still having an issue, try printing or downloading your return PDF from another browser.  The tax file will have an extension of .tax2018 but it can only be open with TurboTax desktop software.  You should save the tax file (just in case) AND the PDF file.  

If you have not filed yet, use the Print Center which can be accessed from the Tools menu on the left.  If you have already filed, you can print or download your forms from the Tax Home page.  When you sign in, that is the page you will see if you have already filed.  Just scroll down and select the print or download PDF option.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Some TurboTax Online users may be experiencing Microsoft Edge saving the PDF version of their tax file as a .txt file.

Resolution

We recommend one of the two paths to take to fix this issue:

1. Change browser and save. (Google Chrome or Firefox)
  2. Replace the .txt extension to .pdf