Solved: I tried to day trade stocks with no job all year, no health insurance, lost money and had no income. Do I need to file taxes or owe money

jaycm15

I tried to day trade stocks with no job all year, no health insurance, lost money and had no income. Do I need to file taxes or owe money

TomYoung

You need to file an income tax return in any case because, obviously, you're going to be getting a long list of trades reported on 1099-B's, and the IRS sure will want to see them reported.  Too, you want to be able to claim those losses, even if you can't use them this year as they will carry forward to the years that follow.

Tom Young

TomYoung

Tom Young