leebird50

I thought I needed the Premier product, but after entering my information, I need only need Deluxe. How can I change my product selection?

CarolynB

You can downgrade using the Clear and Start Over feature but bear in mind that the different TurboTax "flavors" handle different tax situations and their associated forms.

For example, if you want to downgrade from Deluxe to Federal Free Edition and you're itemizing (Schedule A), you can clear and start over with the free edition, but once you enter your itemized deductions in the free edition, you'll be asked to upgrade to Deluxe.

Here is a short list of some common tax situations and the online products that now uniquely support them:

Itemized Deductions (Schedule A/1040)- Deluxe, Premier, and Self-Employed
    Capital Gains or Losses (Schedule D) - Premier and Self-Employed
    Rental Income (Schedule E) - Premier and Self-Employed
    Profit or Loss from Business (Schedules C-EZ and C) - Self-Employed

follow these steps if you decide you would like to clear your return and start over:

1.  Sign in to TurboTax Online and open your return by clicking the orange Take me to my return button.
    2. With your screen maximized, click My Account (at the top of your screen toward the right) and select Clear & Start Over. (If on a tablet or phone, you may find the Clear & Start Over option by clicking the three parallel lines, or “hamburger”, in the top left corner.)
    3. Answer Yes to Are you sure you want to clear your return?
    4. After your entries have been cleared out, we'll prompt you to select a TurboTax product so you can start over from the very beginning.